Donations to Orphans in Need USA via our website can only be refunded in exceptional circumstances*. If Orphans in Need USA (or its appointed supplier) has made an administrative error in handling your donation, for example, if we’ve accidentally taken two payments, we will, of course, be happy to refund. However, please be aware that errors of this nature will normally be settled by your bank and credit/debit card issuer who will then claim the money back from us. If you believe we have made an error, please contact us at [email protected]
- If you have made an error in making your donation to Orphans in Need USA, we will honor your request for a refund made within 30 days of your donation.
- To request a refund, call 1-844-964-6872. Refunds are issued using the original method of payment.
- If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same.
- Unless otherwise noted, Orphans in Need USA will use your gift for the project(s) that Orphans in Need USA determines is in need of funds.
- Orphans in Need USA reserves the right to move funds to support other projects (s) that Orphans in Need USA determines is more urgent.
or if the program that was selected has met its financial goals.
- Orphans in Need USA is recognized as tax-exempt charity under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- A portion of your donation will go towards administrative costs.
- The financial institution you identify on the donation form is authorized to debit or charge your donation to the account indicated. This authority will remain in effect until you have given Orphans in Need USA at least 10 days notice that this authorization has been terminated.
- Please understand that you must give advance notice to allow a reasonable time for your instructions to be executed.
- In cases when a month does not have 30 days, the transaction will be made on the following business day.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING CREDIT CARD DONATIONS FOR ZAKAT:
Please consider adding 3% when using Visa and Mastercard to your total zakat donation — this will compensate for any transaction fees deducted from your donation by the credit card companies and will ensure that your intended zakat amount is paid in full.
Your gift is very much appreciated and may be tax-deductible pursuant to IRC 170(c). A copy of our latest financial report may be obtained by writing to Orphans in Need USA , 1818 LIbrary St.Suite 500, Reston, VA 20190 USA.
If you reside in one of these states, you may obtain financial information directly from the state agency, as states below.
FLORIDA : SC NO. CH36032 A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE, WITHIN THE STATE,1-800-HELP-FLA OR VIA THE INTERNET AT WWW.800.HELPFLA.COM.
MARYLAND : For the cost of postage and copying, from the office of the Secretary of State, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401. MICHIGAN: MICS No. 54557. MISSISSIPPI: The official registration and financial information of Orphans in Need USA may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236- 6167.
NEVADA : The state of incorporation of Orphans in Need USA is Virginia.
NEW JERSEY : INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973)504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNEThttp://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm.
NEW YORK : Upon request, from the Office of the Attorney General Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
NORTH CAROLINA : FINANCIAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION AND A COPY OF ITS LICENSE ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE STATE SOLICITATION LICENSING BRANCH AT 1-888-830-4989 (WITHIN NORTH CAROLINA) OR (919)807-2214 ( OUTSIDE NORTH CAROLINA).
PENNSYLVANIA : The official registration and financial information of Orphans in Need USA may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732- 0999.
VIRGINIA : From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agricultural and Consumer Affairs, P.O Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
WASHINGTON : From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483.
WISCONSIN : A financial statement of Orphans in Need USA assets, liabilities, fund balances, revenue, and expenses for the preceding fiscal year will be provided upon request.
WEST VIRGINIA : West Virginiaresidents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capital, Charleston, WV 25305. CONTRIBUTIONS ARE DEDUCTIBLE FOR FEDERAL INCOME TAX PURPOSES IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. REGISTRATION IN A STATE DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION OF Orphans in Need USA BY THE STATE.