This is a part-time 20-hour position per week Monday-Friday. The Donor Care Associate’s primary role is to maintain an accurate database to enable effective communication with donors, processing donations, and run reports. Effective and clear internal and external communication is critical. As a primary point of contact, this person represents the organization in a caring and encouraging way in all communication with a mindset of service. As a database specialist, this person must always maintain a high degree of accuracy and privacy for our donors.
The Donor Care Associate must perform all business functions in accordance with OINUSA business rules, upholding the highest ethical standards and safeguarding the confidentiality of our donors. This position is a 6-month temporary assignment. The role has the potential to be made into a regular position within the 6-month assignment based on business goals and the performance of the individual in the role. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule which includes on-site work and telecommuting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Processes donations from donors.
- Maintains and assigns orphan’s database
- Tracks communication with donors in the Salesforce database and other database software as needed.
- Verifies and updates the personal data of new and existing donors.
- Prepares complicated queries from the donation database for outgoing communication functions such as email and hardcopy mail.
- Conducts various database and donation processing functions as directed such as filing of monthly reconciled donor reports and statements, processing mailings, and printing/emailing receipts.
- Responsible for understanding and staying current with all facets of high-level customer service knowledge and ability.
- Responsible for carefully protecting donors’ personal information and following security procedures precisely.
- Interacts with donors daily using many communication channels such as phone, email, website chat, and text message.
- Monitors incoming inquiries, manages the flow of all incoming inquiries, responds to all donation inquiries, and always remains responsible for the donor receiving an answer.
- Throughout the course of communication with donors, this individual will be in a position to encourage, listen, building relationships with them for the organization.
- Contributes to the broader OINUSA’s team effort and mission.
- Serves on various committees for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree and 3 or more years of related work experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated administrative experience supporting a team in a fast-paced environment.
- CRM/Relational Database (e.g. SalesForce) experience required
- Familiarity with Excel required
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills.
- Superior command of English grammar and spelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong presentation skills.
- The ability to work on a team and independently.
- Impeccable attention to detail and reliability.
REQUIRED WORK AUTHORIZATION:
- United States